Kinesiology taping for pregnancy has many benefits. It’s a great alternative to belts, bands and braces. It’s also great for pregnant runners, as well as non-runners alike to help alleviate discomfort and afford mom as much mobility for as long as possible!
As far as pregnancy goes, kinesiology tape is a safe and effective treatment option. Musculoskeletal pain is common in pregnancy, especially low back and pelvic girdle pain, as well as round ligament pain (that quick jabbing pain felt in the lower abdomen or groin area – ouch!).
Adding a few strategic strips of Kinesiology Sports tape to either the back or abdomen, can alleviate some of the common postural aches and pains that are associated with a growing baby bump.
It works by helping to distribute the weight of the extra pounds evenly with the tapes around.
Kinesiology Sports Tape can be used directly on the belly to provide support as Baby grows. There are numerous taping techniques that can help alleviate complaints associated with a growing belly. eg:
- low back or SI joint pain
- pain that occurs as a result of SPD (symphysis pubis dysfunction, also known as PGP or Pelvic Girdle Pain)
- lower abdominal pain, pressure or discomfort
- pain or discomfort in the front of the belly, as occurs when the abdominals separate (remember, this is NORMAL, the abs need to separate some)
- relief for shortness of breath by helping to support the diaphragm
- decrease pressure on the bladder/pelvic floor
- decrease weight or heaviness of the belly
Ensure your skin is washed and dry, and the area you want to apply the tape to is shaved.
- The belly belt – for this technique the tape is placed in the middle of your lower belly and then both sides are pulled upwards to lift your belly to form a U shape. This is particularly good if you are experiencing round ligament pain or uncomfortable pelvic pressure.
- Lower back and belly support – this technique is similar to the one above but in addition to the tape lifting up your belly, there is a second strip of tape across your back. For the tape on your back, you need someone to attach one end to one side of your lower back and firmly stretch it across, anchoring it on the other side.
- Baby belt – This technique is good for women whose bellies are protruding out a lot. It is basically an X pattern with the centre at your belly button, starting at the bottom above your hip bones. For extra reinforcement, place a strip of tape on either side of the center of the X, leaving a gap of approximately 8 cm.
Please do a test patch before applying kinesiology sports tape. Our tape is safe, it is hypoallergenic and naturally antimicrobial, the glue we use is medical grade but as a precaution we recommend all our customers do a quick test on your skin. This way you can avoid any potential negative or allergic reaction.
Kinesiology Sports Tape, KT Tape, Precut Kinesiology Tape, Kinesiology Tapes, Kinesio Tape, Muscle Tape, Sports Tape, Face Tape, Neck Tape, Boob Tape, Body Tape, Kinesiology Tape Elbow, Kinesiology Tape Knee, Kinesiology Tape Ankle, Kinesiology Tape Waterproof, Kinesiology Tape Synthetic, Pre-Cut Tape, Precut, Synthetic Tape, Tape with Dispenser, Face Tape, Boob Tape, Kinesiology Knee Tape, Kinesiology Ankle Tape.